BreakRoad35 International provide no information on their website about who owns or runs the business.
The BreakRoad35 International website (“breakroad.com”) was privately registered on August 4th, 2015.
In early 2017 BehindMLM reviewed Nspire Network. Our research for that review revealed co-founder JJ Javier also owned BreakRoad35.
On Javier’s personal website, Nspire Network is cited as a “subsidiary of BreakRoad35 International”.
BreakRoad35 is operated out of Pasig City in the Philippines.
As per Javier’s bio on his personal website, he was
introduced to the network marketing industry a few years back. From 2012 to 2014, he has set records by becoming the first Diamond achiever in Asia.
After a couple of weeks, he was recognized as the first and only Black Diamond achiever in the same continent, producing massive organizations and sales in excess of $1,000,000 per month.
Currently, Mr. Javier is a committed student of the industry, even tagged as the “young lion” of the Philippines’ network marketing field.
Possibly due to language-barriers, I was unable to ascertain which company Javier was in prior to BreakRoad35.
Read on for a full review of the BreakRoad35 MLM opportunity.
BreakRoad35 market a range of products spanning beverages, healthcare and skin care.
- Gourmet Cafe de Black – coffee “infused with the health benefits of Agaricus Mushroom and the slimming effect of Garcinia Cambogia and Stevia”, retails at $9.80 a box
- Gourmet Cafe de Latte – “a perfect balance of coffee made from the finest quality Arabica beans, mixed with natural sweetener Stevia and rich cream, and finally blended with Agaricus mushroom”, retails at $11 a box
- Choco de Barley – hot chocolate “sweetened with Stevia”, retails at $13.70 a box
- Nutrisqueeze – a “healthy juice drink that can help battle cancer“, retails at $16.60 a box
- Puressence (not pictured) – negative ion sanitary pads, retails at $4.60 to $5.60 a pack
- Agaricus – “stimulates your body’s immune system”, retails at $40.40 a box
- BlueLife Alkaline Drops – “turn ordinary water into a highly alkaline drink that is super-charged with oxygenated and natural alkaline minerals”, retails at $18 a box
- Grapeseed – “a good source of essential fatty acids (Omega 3) and Vitamin E”, retails at $18.60 a box
- Elleene Premium Beauty Bar – “clinically formulated to whiten skin and reverse signs of aging”, retails at $12 a bar
The BreakRoad35 Compensation Plan
Income potential through the BreakRoad35 compensation plan heavily depends on how much an affiliate spends when they sign up.
Retail commissions are paid directly, with residuals through a binary/unilevel hybrid.
BreakRoad35 Affiliate Ranks
There are eleven affiliate ranks within the BreakRoad35 compensation plan.
Along with their respective qualification criteria they are as follows:
- Trainee – sign up with a BreakRoad35 affiliate package
- Apprentice – generate $25 PV a month and recruit one affiliate
- Consultant – generate $50 PV a month, have a downline generating $1000 GV a month and recruit two affiliates
- Sapphire – generate $100 PV a month, have a downline generating $10,000 GV a month and recruit three affiliates
- Ruby – generate $150 PV a month, have a downline generating $25,000 GV a month and recruit four affiliates
- Emerald – generate $200 PV a month, have a downline generating $50,000 GV a month and recruit five affiliates
- Diamond – generate $250 PV a month, have a downline generating $100,000 GV a month and recruit six affiliates
- Star – generate $300 PV a month, have a downline generating $250,000 GV a month and recruit seven affiliates
- Royal – generate $350 PV a month, have a downline generating $500,000 GV a month and recruit eight affiliates
- Icon – generate $400 PV a month, have a downline generating $750,000 GV a month and recruit nine affiliates
- Legend – generate $500 PV a month, have a downline generating $1,000,000 GV a month and recruit ten affiliates
PV stands for “Personal Volume” and is sales volume generated by retail sales and an affiliate’s own product orders.
GV stands for “Group Volume” and is sales volume generated by an affiliate’s downline.
Note that up to 20% of required GV can be sourced from any one recruitment leg.
BreakRoad35 affiliates earn a commission of up to 40% on the sale of products to retail customers.
BreakRoad35 affiliates are paid to recruit new affiliates.
How much of a recruitment commission is paid out is determined by how much the recruiting affiliate spent when they signed up and how much a newly recruited affiliate has spent.
There are four affiliate signup options for new BreakRoad35 affiliates:
- Basic – $31
- Builder – $110
- Achiever – $310
- Elite – $1010
BreakRoad35 recruitment commissions are paid as follows:
- Basic affiliates earn 25% when they recruit Basic affiliates, 12% on Builder or Achiever affiliates and 20% on Elite affiliates
- Builder affiliates earn 30% when they recruit Basic affiliates, 14% on Builder or Achiever affiliates and 20% on Elite affiliates
- Achiever affiliates earn 35% when they recruit Basic affiliates, 16% on Builder or Achiever affiliates and 20% on Elite affiliates
- Elite affiliates earn 40% when they recruit Basic affiliates, 20% on Builder or Achiever affiliates and 20% on Elite affiliates
Residual Recruitment Commissions
BreakRoad35 pay a residual 3% residual recruitment commission from an affiliate’s third personal recruit.
The 3% commission is paid on packages when an affiliate’s third and onward personal recruits recruit their first two affiliates.
Residual Commissions (binary)
A binary compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a binary team, split into two sides (left and right):
The first level of the binary team houses two positions. The second level of the binary team is generated by splitting these first two positions into another two positions each (4 positions).
Subsequent levels of the binary team are generated as required, with each new level housing twice as many positions as the previous level.
Positions in the binary team are filled via direct and indirect recruitment of affiliates. Note there is no limit to how deep a binary team can grow.
At the end of each week BreakRoad35 tally up new sales volume on both sides of the binary team.
Affiliates are paid $18 per 100 GV matched on both sides.
In addition to product purchases (up to 5% of the wholesale price of products), affiliate packages also generate GV.
- Basic Package – no GV
- Builder Package – 100 GV
- Achiever Package – 300 GV
- Elite Package – 1000 GV
Weekly binary commissions are capped based on the following qualification criteria:
- generate $1 PV a month and have a downline generating at least $5 GV = $250 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $5 PV a month and have a downline generating at least $25 GV = $1000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $10 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $125 GV and personally recruit at least one new affiliate each month = $2500 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $25 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $500 GV and continue to personally recruit at least one new affiliate each month = $5000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $50 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $1000 GV and continue to personally recruit at least one new affiliate each month = $7500 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $75 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $5000 GV and personally recruit at least two new affiliates each month = $10,000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $100 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $10,000 GV and continue to personally recruit at least two new affiliates each month = $15,000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $250 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $25,000 GV and continue to personally recruit at least two new affiliates each month = $20,000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $500 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $50,000 GV and personally recruit at least four new affiliates each month = $25,000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $1000 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $50,000 GV and continue to personally recruit at least four new affiliates each month = $30,000 weekly residual commission cap
- generate $2000 PV a month, have a downline generating at least $100,000 GV and continue to personally recruit at least four new affiliates each month = $40,000 weekly residual commission cap
Note that Basic affiliates do not earn residual binary commissions.
Elite Power Bonus
The Elite Power Bonus is a 15% match on residual commissions earned by personally recruited affiliates.
The Elite Power Bonus also pays out a 10% match on level 2 residual commission earnings (affiliates recruited by personally recruited affiliates).
Residual Commissions (unilevel)
A unilevel compensation structure places an affiliate at the top of a unilevel team, with every personally recruited affiliate placed directly under them (level 1):
If any level 1 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 2 of the original affiliate’s unilevel team.
If any level 2 affiliates recruit new affiliates, they are placed on level 3 and so on and so forth down a theoretical infinite number of levels.
GV for the unilevel team is calculated at a rate of
- 10% of retail customer orders and
- 30% of affiliate orders (10% for Basic Package affiliates)
Sales volume (GV) is paid on up to eleven unilevel team levels as follows:
- level 1 (personally recruited affiliates) 15%
- level 2 – 15%
- levels 3 and 4 (Apprentice or higher rank) – 10%
- level 5 – 5%
- levels 5 to 7 (Sapphire or higher rank) – 5%
- levels 8 to 10 (Star or higher rank) – 5%
Unilevel Match Bonus
BreakRoad35 pay a 10% matching bonus on residual unilevel team commissions paid down four levels of the unilevel team.
Rank Achievement Bonus
BreakRoad35 pay affiliates a one-time Rank Achievement Bonus when they qualify at the Consultant and higher ranks:
- Consultant – $50
- Sapphire – $500
- Ruby – $1250
- Emerald – $2500
- Diamond – $5000
- Star – $12,500
- Royal – $25,000
- Icon – $37,500
- Legend – $50,000
Global Pool Bonus
BreakRoad35 place 10% of company-wide sales volume into the Global Pool.
The Global Pool is allocated monthly to Sapphire and higher ranked affiliates based on shares.
- Sapphire affiliates receive 1 share
- Ruby affiliates receive 5 shares
- Emerald affiliates receive 15 shares
- Diamond affiliates receive 25 shares
- Star affiliates receive 40 shares
- Royal affiliates receive 55 shares
- Icon affiliates receive 75 shares
- Legend affiliates receive 100 shares
Note that Basic Package affiliates do not qualify for the Global Pool Bonus.
BreakRoad35 affiliate membership is $31.
To fully participate in the BreakRoad35 MLM opportunity however, an affiliate must purchase a package:
- Builder Package – $110
- Achiever Package – $310
- Elite Package – $1010
The Builder and Achiever Packages provide access to the full compensation plan with the exception of the Elite Power Bonus.
Only affiliates who spend $1010 on the Elite Package have access to the complete BreakRoad35 income opportunity.
All affiliate signup options come with an assortment of BreakRoad35 products.
Given BreakRoad35 operates in the US, I’m not really sure what the point of JJ Javier having two MLM companies operating parallel is.
BreakRoad35 offers a broader product range than NSpire Network, which focuses on negative ion sanitary pads and nutritional supplements.
One thing that stood out like a sore thumb in BreakRoad35’s product lineup was two of them being touted as treatments for cancer.
Nutrisqueeze is described as a “healthy juice drink that can help battle cancer”.
And here’s BreakRoad35’s description for their grapeseed oil product;
The antioxidant property of this supplement aids in cell protection and fights free radicals that cause diseases (including cancer!) and strengthens the immune system, for a healthier and stronger you!
There’s no way to take that other than both products can be used to treat and/or prevent cancer.
Yet at the bottom of every product page, BreakRoad35 state:
These are not medicinal drugs and should not be used to treat the symptoms of any disease.
If you don’t want regulators going after you for illegal medical product claims, how about you as a company stop making them?
As for the products themselves, as I stated in our Nspire Network review without accompanying medical or scientific data, I’m sceptical of the negative ion pads.
The rest of the BreakRoad35’s nutritional supplements are common enough MLM offerings.
The whitening soap is a bit odd, however that sort of thing is pretty big in Asia so for that particular market forgivable.
Moving onto the compensation plan, BreakRoad35’s two primary red flags are recruitment commissions and blatant “pay to play”.
Recruitment commissions on packages are the largest commissions on offer, dwarfing the tiny percentages offered residually.
While affiliate’s are able to generate PV requirements through retail sales, I feel this probably isn’t happening given there’s no requirement to do so.
In fact the company itself encourages this in its own social media posts;
Make sure to PURCHASE your PRODUCT MAINTENANCE this month of DECEMBER 2016.
HURRY! PURCHASE NOW!
Reminder: Purchase your monthly maintenance of product before each end of the month to make sure that your account will be active.
A monthly spend and focus on affiliate recruitment is all that’s required to progress through he BreakRoad35 compensation plan. And that’s likely happening company-wide.
The good news is you can easily verify this by enquiring as to how your potential upline is meeting their monthly PV requirement.
What you want to see is actual retail sales. If the upline is hitting their PV requirement through their own purchases, you’re probably looking at a product-based pyramid scheme.
The other red flag in BreakRoad35’s compensation plan is pay to play.
This starts when an affiliate signs up, with $1010 required to access the full MLM income opportunity.
Gimping affiliates who spend less out of income is a marketing tool to encourage a bigger affiliate spend, which in turn drives compensation volume.
This pay to play focus is misdirected, detracts from retail sales and shouldn’t be part of any MLM business model.
Nspire Network’s compensation plan was a bit less obvious, but still the question of whether significant retail sales were happening was there.
Your best bet is probably questioning your potential upline with respect to their retail sales efforts and going from there.